Job profile: IT Developer / Software Engineer (Front-end OR Full-stack)
Founding team of Valculus looks for an experienced IT expert, with a background in Computer Sciences, Business Informatics, or Mathematics, to support the Manager Data Science in developing analytical solutions. The job has the perspective to grow into a Manager role and receive shares. The founders plan to expand the team to 3…5 professionals – with a clear mission to grow.
The applicant should:
- hold a university degree (Master) in Computer Sciences / Informatics OR Business Informatics OR Economics with strong focus on IT OR Mathematics / Statistics
- own at least 2…3 years of professional experience in IT development / software engineering. Required coding & functional skills:
– mandatory for both front-end and full-stack: Google Cloud / AWS / Azure or similar (incl. web application set-up), Databases (incl. SQL), testing frameworks
– functional skills (besides coding): integration tests, unit tests, agile management, knowledge repository, version control
- speak / write English fluently
- have at least basic knowledge of German language, or be prepared to learn some German soon
- have a strong intrinsic motivation and like to work in an entrepreneurial, highly dynamic environment
The following skills would not be mandatory, but highly welcome and helpful:
- Coding skills in R, Shinny, bootstrap or similar, Linux, Docker
- Experience with big data, database architecture, data mining, etc.
- Experience in the Professional Services Industry (incl. Consultancies)
- Experience with start-ups / business building
- Project experience in Travel, Tourism or Transportation (incl. Airlines, Hotels, etc.)
Career perspective: become an Expert or Manager, lead teams, develop & sell services
Compensation package consists of three elements:
– Base salary: to be discussed (depending on qualification, experience, and role in Valculus)
– Annual bonus: possible (depending on profitability of Valculus and personal performance / contribution)
– (Virtual) shares: granted in a stepwise manner (up to 3%), depending on role and personal contribution over time
We encourage applications for both full-time employment AND part-time / freelancer arrangements. However, bonus and virtual shares are only available for full-time model. Please apply through the contact form in the bottom of the home page.